Wednesday, November 23, 2005

THANKING GOD FOR HIS INFINITE MERCY

1 Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


It is Thanksgiving 2005 and I'm once again thankful to God for his goodness and mercies and wonderfulness. I have so many things to thank the Almighty for, even though I still have some questions and a little beef with him, but I'll discuss that with Him on my way to bed tonight.
2005 has been a trully dramatic and need I say traumatic year for me, it is not over yet so I won't relax too much.
Firstly, I thank God for that New Year's Eve, the worst day of my life in a very long time. I don't thank him for what happened, but rather what didn't happen. As in I really don't know how I controlled my anger...actually I didn't, just glad there was no weapon nearby. Then three weeks after that, as if nothing else could go wrong, I got into this really horrible accident. Someone in one of the other vehicle's died. I just lost my vehicle, and I still have not recovered from that upset, but I am thankful I came out with my life and no injuries. Then there was my job and financial situation that's still ongoing, compounded with emotional and mental instabilities that come with lifes bullshitses. Speaking of job, I thank God for making my working environment and job situation horribly frustrating because it has helped strengthen my faith and seek God's face. Corprate America can be the devil's belly sometimes, and just as was the case with Johnathan in th whale's bally, you need God's grace to get through it.

Then there was the month of June, September when I had to be poised in the midst of chaos. Thank God for my loving parents, my brothers Ejike and Chibuike, my sisters Onyenachi and Nnenne, and all my relatives in Charlotte (I'll be seeing some of them this weekend, so it's all good). Thank God for my friends Des, Singto and Ndidi who helped me through those awful days and are still praying with and for me. Matilda and Ayisola who always read my essays of emails, and Bayode to whom I complained to every now and then and got comforting words in return. Thank God for not letting me stab, choke or poison anybody, most of all myself, because as they say, an idle mind is the devil's workshop and if that was ever to happen it should have been this year. Thank God for his grace for not letting me do anything insane and for always letting His word prevail over everything in my life. Thank God for the one who holds the key to my heart 'For yet in a little while, he that shall come will come, and will not tarry' [ Hebrews10:37]. Thank God that the devil and death did not prevail in our family this year through breast cancer, diabetes or even common malaria.
I was so hype about turning 25 but you know what, even though it wasn't all that, it's once for 'a bestseller book'. I was joking at first when I called it my quarter life crisis, but be careful what you wish for because you might just get it and that's exactly what I got. But I thank God for the experiences and hard balls that got thrown at me this year, because it's only made me stronger, as bad a cliche as that sounds. I don't know too many people who could have survived this storm, and still keep a happy, cheersome and wholesome personality. ACTOR!!! As I appreciate all the beautiful people who have inspired and motivated me, in my social circle, within my family and in church, I would like to thank God for the lives of anyone who is hating, wishing ill-luck or laughing at my incomplete fortunes, despite the fact that such antics keep me humored. As in 'He who started His work on me has not finished', so what's there to be bitter about? Biko Chill Abeg!!
I thank God because it can't get any worse than it already has and so if 2006 likes it can be the end of the world, it aint gonna phase me because I've been there done that and I 'll probably get through that too. I can't stop thanking God because I don't know what I'ld do without His grace. For yet in a little while my time to shine will come and shall not tarry so get yourselves a pair of Ray Bans on Black Friday because it's going to be a solar eclipsing event... you don't wanna be blinded by all the 'Halo'.

3 comments:

Nneka's World said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

In other for you to be a success Adaure, you have to fail and make some sacrifices. It makes you stronger and more determined.

Just know that you are answerable to 2 people, yourself and GOD.

I thank the lord very much, for seeing me through this traumatic year, don’t worry Adaure you are not the only one.

Email me some turkey, you know we don’t celebrate thanks giving here

Anonymous said...

Adaure, I am truly blessed to have a friend like you in my life. You are such a beautiful person, inside AND out. I love the person that I have seen you become. Continue to strive for the best and may God's loving grace and mercy always surround you all the days of your life! I love you my gal!

Adaure Achumba said...

Nneka you are right on that.. there's no testimony without a TEST.

Ndi my darlin' honey, thanks a lot for those kind words, wouldn't be that way without your sisterly love, help, encouragement and most of all company. Hope you had a nice birthday... i'll 'see you later' ;)... luv you lots (addy)